Companies that do not conduct any manufacturing or trading are eligible to join LWG through our direct membership route to support our efforts. This includes:
- Brands & retailers
- Suppliers of chemicals, machinery, testing, etc.
- Agent traders (traders without a warehouse)
- Groups & associations
- NGOs & CSOs
- Finished product manufacturers
For actors within the leather manufacturing supply chain, we offer a route to membership by successfully completing an audit against one of the LWG audit standards. The following types of operation can be audited and become certified by LWG:
- Leather manufacturers
- Leather traders (with a warehouse)
- Commissioning manufacturers
As a multi-stakeholders organization ourselves, we understand the value of forming meaningful partnerships and working with experts to achieve our shared goals.
At LWG, we collaborate with many different organizations working in a similar or parallel space to us, to ensure full industry alignment and to minimize duplicative efforts.
We have collaborated with organizations such as:
- 1% for the Planet
- Leather Naturally
- National Wildlife Federation (NWF)
- Textile Exchange
- World Wildlife Fund (WWF)