The Leather Working Group are currently seeking to approve experienced Auditors who will be responsible for the auditing of leather manufacturers.
You will be providing technical, auditing services and delivering leather manufacturer audits using the latest LWG approved audit standards for leather manufacturers, traders, sub-contractors, and commissioning manufacturers in different regions of the world.
The Leather Working Group’s main objective is to create a framework for improvement in the environmental and social impact of leather production, and therefore the provision of advice, support and guidance is a key part of the audit process.
Once completed, all audits will undergo a peer review process, so that results, calculations and assumptions can be verified. This process is completed by another LWG approved auditor, and it is expected that all auditors complete the same number of peer reviews as they do audits. The submission of audit reports and the completion of peer reviews must be done in line with the agreed service level agreement. Auditors then submit full audit results to the client and are expected to treat all results with the utmost level of confidentiality. The auditor must ensure that all records and information pertaining to the audit are maintained and stored securely.
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Educated to a degree level or higher in chemistry, biology, leather technology or environmental sciences.
- Extensive knowledge of the leather tanning and finishing process ideally gained through experience in production or similar environments.
- Third party, lead auditor qualified in environmental auditing techniques by a recognised provider (Lead Auditor qualification can be obtained, if successful, prior to the first audit).
- The ability to effectively communicate general and technical information, through both verbal and written methods.
- The ability to write structured and concise reports.
- An understanding of the restricted substance implications in tanneries.
- An understanding of clean technology application and water consumption management in leather production.
- A thorough understanding of effluent treatment processes for leather production.
- The ability to provide coaching and advice to the leather manufacturers on water and energy saving techniques for the sector.
- The ability to demonstrate that there are no conflicts of interest with tanneries undertaking audits.
Ready to apply?
To apply, please submit your CV, a letter of motivation and copy of qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.