Leather Working Group members have a say in shaping the future of responsible leather manufacturing.
Our membership brings together brands and retailers, suppliers to the leather industry (chemicals, machinery), agent traders, groups and associations, NGOs and CSOs, and service providers. In addition, all certified manufacturers are granted immediate membership to the group after a successful audit result.
Our community represents the largest single leather-focused group in the world, joined together through the shared goal of reducing the environmental impact of leather production on people and the planet. Companies that do not conduct any manufacturing or trading are eligible to join Leather Working Group through our direct membership route to support our efforts.
- Brands & retailers
- Suppliers of chemicals, machinery, testing, etc.
- Agent traders (traders without a warehouse)
- Groups & associations
- NGOs & CSOs
- Finished product manufacturers
Advance your leadership in leather sustainability
- Work collaboratively with leading global stakeholders in improving the sustainability of leather
- Provide expertise and share ideas inworking groups and projects
- Participate in virtual and in-person meetings
- Sponsor and nominate experts for discussion panels and events
Improve sustainability in your organization
- Share learnings and challenges experienced by other stakeholders
- Consider insights and viewpoints with cross-sector collaboration
- Adopt new best practices within your own organization
Inspire pre-competitive collaboration
- Participate with others in guiding initiatives for the benefit of the industry and the planet
- Actively engage to advance excellence in leather sustainability
- Uphold marketplace growth and balance
Access information to support decision making
- Share in the scientific research and analysis of LWG and partner organizations
- Explore and utilise metrics vital to the industry and to your own business needs
- Access reputable studies that you can trust