The Executive Assistant (EA) at Leather Working Group (LWG) will play a vital role in supporting the Senior Management Team, including the Executive Director, in their efforts to promote sustainable leather sourcing, production, and usage.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant will also provide high-level administrative support to the Senior Management Team (SMT) ensuring its smooth functioning and maintaining confidentiality as required.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Senior Management Team, assisting in managing schedules, appointments, and organizing meetings.
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas, minutes, and other relevant materials for Senior Management and Executive Committee meetings.
Confidentiality and Data Security:
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with utmost discretion and professionalism, maintaining data security protocols.
- Implement confidentiality measures to protect organizational and stakeholder data.
Executive Committee Support:
- Assist the Senior Management Team in their interactions with the elected Executive Committee (board of directors), coordinating communications, facilitating meetings, and ensuring timely dissemination of documentation.
- Oversee the periodic election process for the Executive Committee, coordinating nominations, communications, and voting procedures in accordance with LWG guidelines and bylaws.
Communication and Correspondence:
- Serve as a liaison between the Senior Management Team and internal/external stakeholders, ensuring effective communication and timely responses.
- Draft, proofread, and edit correspondence, reports, presentations, and other documents for the Senior Management Team.
- Manage travel arrangements for Senior Management, including booking flights, accommodations, and transportation, optimizing cost and efficiency.
- Assist in planning and organizing LWG events, conferences, and workshops, coordinating logistics, invitations, registrations, and on-site arrangements.
Budget and Expense Management:
- Support the Senior Management Team in monitoring its budgets and expenses, preparing reports as needed.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders professionally, building and maintaining positive relationships on behalf of the Senior Management Team and LWG.
- Participate in various special projects and initiatives as required, contributing to LWG's sustainability goals and strategic objectives.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, sustainability, or a related field.
- Proven experience as an Executive Assistant or in a similar administrative role, preferably within a non-profit or sustainability-focused organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and other relevant software applications.
- Discretion and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism.
- Experience in managing board-related processes and interactions is a plus.
- A passion for sustainability and a genuine interest in supporting LWG's mission.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and the willingness to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
Reports to: Executive Director
Full-Time Position, 37.5 Hours a Week
Location: Virtual/Remote, preferred to be based in the UK.
Start Date: As Soon as Available
Our offers for salary and benefits are dependent on the region of the final candidate. We post most positions based on a UK-based Team member, but final offers are done in alignment with the final candidate’s permanent residence and in line with Leather Working Group’s regional employment package.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis as they are submitted. Early application submission is strongly encouraged.
Leather Working Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and creating a workplace culture in which diversity and inclusion is valued and everyone is treated with dignity and respect. As part of our zero-tolerance approach to discrimination in any form, any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected